GRANADA HILLS LODGE 790
Granada Hills No.790 were started with the assistance of the members of San Fernando ldoge and was chartered in 1961. They held their meetings in San Fernando Lodge until they purchased the property on 16535 Rinaldi Street. On December 1, 1990, Mizpah Lodge No. 378 consolidated with Granada Hills Lodge No. 790, retaining the lower Lodge number as required by the California Masonic Code. Then on April 1, 1991, that Lodge consolidated with Clarence F. Smith Lodge No. 482, which is the present day GRANADA HILLS LODGE No. 378.
MIZPAH LODGE No. 378
Mizpah Lodge No. 378 was chartered in Los Angeles in 1906. This Lodge, according to the 1949 Roster, numbered 431 members and was one of the most cosmopolitan in the city, its members coming from all sections. For example, its officers in 1948 were Master Charles W. Lunsford, residing on West 79th Street in Los Angeles; Senior Warden Herbert S. Stormes, living in South Pasadena; Junior Warden Hershell J. Lay in North Hollywood; Treasurer Lawrence J. Hall who gave his address as downtown Los Angeles, and Secretary Eirey J. Scott from Alhambra. The Lodge itself met at Pico and Orchard, near the heart of the city.
The first Master of the Lodge was Charles E. Sebastian. He was a Past Master from Norwalk Lodge, was one of the charter members of Artesia Lodge and demitted from there to become a charter member of Mizpah Lodge. He was later Chief of Police of the City of Los Angeles and was also Mayor of the city.
CLARENCE F. SMITH LODGE No. 482
Clarence F. Smith Lodge No. 482, in Los Angeles, was composed mostly of veterans of World War I,
and was named in honor of Captain Clarence F. Smith, of the Ninety-First Infantry Division of the American Expeditionary Forces, who was killed in action in the battle of the Argonne Forest in that war. The first Master of the Lodge was Ebenezer “Snapper” Ingram, a veteran of the war, who was for many years a Los Angeles City Councilman. Other prominent members included Buron Fitts, at one time Lieutenant Governor of California and for many years District Attorney of Los Angeles County; Frank G. Falloon, Master in 1922 and for many years an Inspector, and also Secretary of the Los Angeles Past Masters Association.
An example of the work of the degree teams mentioned earlier is found in the records of the Lodge in 1927, when Joseph P. Sproul, later a Superior Court Judge, was raised to the degree of Master Mason. Judge Victor R. McLucas was the acting Master; Judge Harry Archbald was the Senior Warden; Judge Leon Yankwich (later of the Federal District Court) was Junior Warden; Judge Douglas Edmonds (later Justice of the Supreme Court of California) was Senior Deacon; Judge Walter Hanby was Junior Deacon and delivered the lecture; Judge Louis P. Russil was Senior Steward; Judge J. Walton Wood (later on the District Court of Appeals) was Junior Steward, and Judge Henry M. Willis was Chaplain.
The charter members of Clarence F. Smith Lodge were Ebenezer Ingram, Master; Stephen Sterling Boothe, Senior Warden; Frank Graves Falloon, Junior Warden; Charles Franklin Hutchins, Plummer H. Montgomery, Howard Sloane Tracy, Frank Wheeler Rea, Henry G. Krohn, Paul Nourse, John Porter Haynor, Jess Gwin Foster, Russell D. Ingram, Robert C. Paulsen, Roy Gibbons Mead, Frank C. Wiser, Ross Henry Rook, Dudley Lindsey, Charles Lawrence Lewis, Arthur Edward DeMatt, Sidney T. Butler, Harry E. Kun- kel, Charles E. VanDerof, Peter J. Willis, Clifton C. Overpeck, and Raymond Irving Follm.